Don’t forget that next week, November 6, 2009, Network Solutions CEO, Roy Dunbar will be giving the keynote for the INNOVATIONS 2009 event. The event runs from 2:00-6:30 p.m and is being held at the Regional Chamber Science and Technology Expo at George Mason University on the Prince William Campus at Bull Run Hall
What is INNOVATIONS 2009?
INNOVATIONS 2009 is an event designed to educate attendees on how to grow their opportunities and enhance their skills by gaining a better understanding of how to leverage today’s new and emerging technologies. Attendees and exhibitors will have the opportunity to connect with technology experts and prospective teaming partners, clients, investors, employees, educators, and service providers.
Promoters: The Chamber, GMU, Media, Exhibitors, and S&T Council members
Registration: You can register on eventbrite and it is FREE for all attendees
2:00 – Open Doors
2:00 – 2:15 – Attendees Assemble in Bull Run Hall to Network and Explore Displays
- Exhibitors may man exhibit or send in materials ahead of time to set on their table
2:30 – 3:15 – Workshops Round One
1. Using Social Media to grow your business (Shashi B, Network Solutions)
2. Understanding the benefits of Cloud Computing (Carl Tidwell, ATCC)
3:30 – 4:15 – Workshops Round Two
1. Cyber Security, protecting your most important asset – your company data (Joe Yanda, Websense)
2. Current and Future States of Regional Advancements and Opportunities in Biotechnology
(Panel moderated and opening remarks by Ron Carmichael, GMU PW Campus Administrator)
- Dr. Chip Petricoin, Co-Director of Applied Proteomics & Molecular Medicine at GMU
- Thomas Seoh, former CEO of Faust Pharmaceuticals
- Joe Reilly, of Theranostics Health, LLC (tentative)
4:30 – 5:00 - Keynote Address
4:30 Welcome by Chair – Purpose of the S&T Committee – Thanks all sponsors and volunteers – Introduce Platinum sponsor
4:32 Platinum sponsor introduces Keynote speaker
4:35 Keynote Address (Roy Dunbar, CEO of Network Solutions)
4:30 – 6:30 – Exhibits, Networking, and Cash Bar
- Exhibitors displaying their technologies and intern matchmaking station (GMU staffed)
Attendees are directed to approximately 20 exhibitor tables in the main entrance hall lined up with the front window. Also present shall be light fare and high top tables with stools. S&T Committee Ambassadors will be floating about assisting attendees, soliciting feedback/comments, and snapping pictures. One business card shall be drawn for the door prize and an award shall be presented to one exhibitor at the end of the program.
6:10 – Last call for cash bar is announced
6:15 – Draw one business card for door prize and present award to best exhibit
In case you hadn’t registered, here is the page to sign up. See you there!