As a small business owner, you often find yourself stuck in the daily grind. It is so important to get out from under your bevy of emails and stacks of paperwork to grow and learn! Every week, we will be compiling a list of events for small business owners. From tweet chats, to webinars and livestreams. You’ll be able to find it here.
Monday, December 6th
Webinar- Internet Marketing Essentials for Small Businesses and Nonprofits with Maisha Walker
December 6, 8, 13 and 15- Four sessions
- In this course, Maisha Walker teach you how to make sense of the latest marketing trends, and help you determine which tools and approaches are right for your business. She’ll cover it all, from blogs to banner ads, so your marketing plan reaches the right customers and pulls them in.
- This is a comprehensive class that will teach the terminology you need to know; the best ways to use the vast array of online marketing tools; and how to evaluate success.
Wednesday, December 8th
2 – 3 PM EST
- Participants will learn to qualify their U.S.-manufactured products to obtain the benefits under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and how to comply with record keeping responsibilities.
- Understand the benefits of NAFTA and how it can help you expand sales to Canada and Mexico.
Webinar- The Art & Science of Confident Public Speaking for Professionals with Kathleen Schulweis
Wednesday December 8th and 15th
12 pm EST
Register here: http://www.virtualconfidence.com/
- Convey your expertise clearly, powerfully, and easily every time you present yourself
- Grab and hold your audience before you arrive on stage
- Structure a program that will keep your audience engaged and impressed
- Demonstrate your expertise and confidence
- Express how they will benefit from your services
- Gently but effectively persuade your audience to contact you for a consultation
- Collect contact information to grow your mailing list
Tweet Chat- Year End Tax planning, #Smallbizchat Tweet Chat
8 – 9pm EST
- Follow the hashtag #smallbizchat
- Receive tips on your taxes from guest tweeter, Ebere Okoye (@WBCPA )
- Ebere’s specialties include:
- Real estate tax benefits
- Tax reduction strategies
- Self-directed IRA
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Tweet Chat- Leadership for your Small Business, #NetSol Tweet Chat with Terry Starbucker (@starbucker)
1-2:30 pm EST
- Follow the hashtag #netsol
- Register here: http://netsolleadership.eventbrite.com/
- You will leave the tweet chat understanding:
- How can thinking and acting positive serve as a motivator?
- As a leader, how do I handle problems? Mistakes? Bad News?
- What should my real role be, as a leader of my business?
- How do I become a leader instead of a micro-manager?
- How do I increase my odds of hiring someone worthwhile?