- The Small Business Success Index results showed that only 53% of the Small Businesses have a web presence.
- Chris Anderson Editor of Wired and author of the book Free: The Future of a Radical Price (Hyperion. July 7, 2009) and the conference keynote speaker for the first GrowSmartBiz conference said “Because the moment you start a web site you are a global company.” (paraphrased)
For businesses that do not yet have a website we had said in 2010 their goal for having a website should be:
- Discovery: Make sure your business can be found on the internet by users searching online for a business in search engines, maps and local
- Engagement: Save your customers time by providing them an easy way to get information on your business
- Sales: Get sales and leads from engaged visitors
- Service: provide information and tools for website visitors who have already made the purchase
For 2011 we had some excellent input from my colleagues Rick Wilhelm, VP of Engineering at Network Solutions, Chief Web Designer at Network Solutions, Bob Kohute, Lynne Brehmer, Principal Design Services at Network Solutions, Roy Dykes, Product Manager at Network Solutions and John Steedman, Principal, E-Commerce Products, at Network Solutions and focused on flexible websites, mobile commerce, social shopping, security and short content and website analytics.
Image by Flickr User Kevin H. (Creative Commons)Google+