Social media marketers, community managers, and anyone else who spends their days tweeting, liking, or otherwise socially engaging: Do you ever feel like there’s no time to read up on the latest social media trends and tips?
Put down your smartphone, and step away from the Twitter feed! Get up-to-speed on what’s happening in social media by reading the blogs below. You can be sure you’re getting the best of what’s out there because all of them were named finalists in Social Media Examiner’s 3rd annual Top 10 Social Media Blogs contest.
Here are some of the finalists, and they’re definitely worth checking out!
1. Pushing Social contains almost everything you ever wanted to know about blogging. There are tips on increasing reader engagement, promoting your blog with social media, and much more.
2. Jeff Bullas offers step-by-step directions for using all the major social networks for generating leads and growing your business.
3. inBlurbs covers everything from social media listening to how to structure your daily social media efforts.
4. SocialMouths is great for keeping up with the newest social media darlings, such as Google+ and Pinterest.
5. Heidi Cohen offers no-nonsense advice on getting results from your social media marketing program.
6. Media Tapper reads and looks more like traditional journalism, providing coverage of all things social from a variety of viewpoints.
7. Social Strand Media works well when you’re looking for answers to specific social media questions.
8. Spiderworking provides excellent overviews of what’s happening in the social media universe.
9. ViralBlog covers business and technology news and trends from a social perspective.
10. Likeable Media is a must-read for articles beyond the typical tips and best practices. Articles entitled “3 Ways the Entertainment Industry Can Make Money Without Destroying The Internet” and “‘Social’ Bowl XLVI Predictions” kept me clicking around for more.
Check out these winning social media blogs . . . and please share your own favorite blogs in the comments section below.
Image courtesy of creative design agency Arrae.Google+