Skyway Air Taxi (www.skywayairtaxi.com) is a new company that offers a great alternative to the hassle of traveling around the East Coast. As a new business owner, my biggest challenge is educating my customers and capturing new clients that have never heard of an “air taxi.” I know our online presence and the effective use of social media is key to our success. When Network Solutions blogger Steve Fisher invited me to the GrowSmartBiz conference, I jumped at the chance once I read the agenda.
On my way to the conference, I decided I wanted to make two very solid contacts that would benefit my business and learn three new practical things I could implement right away to make a difference in my marketing efforts. The GrowSmartBiz speakers and Network Solutions team outdid themselves and I far exceeded my goals.
So in the spirit of the conference and the person who invited me, here is my top ten list of lessons I learned at the conference.
TOP TEN LESSONS LEARNED AT THE GROWSMARTBIZ CONFERENCE
10. I must make sure my marketing focuses on how I am solving my customer’s problems and making their life better.
9. I need to mix it up and differentiate my messaging across social media platforms. Do not post the exact same thing on Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Video and Email marketing.
8. EVERY touchpoint with my brand must be unique, credible, and provide value to my customer.
7. Most people buy from the first brand they come across online, I must make sure I am number one.
6. Make a social media content plan and schedule ahead of time so I can communicate often and effectively. The best source of content is talking to my customers and letting them communicate my value proposition.
5. Search Engine Optimization – It is important, technical and time consuming to be number one. Hire an expert to help so I can focus on my core business and content marketing.
4. Leverage existing customers for leads and feedback to grow my business.
3. Beat competitors not search engines. Know your competition better than anyone in the market and how you stack up to them online.
2. People do business with people, so don’t let technology stand in the way of the personal touch.
1. Talk like a real person and write like a screen writer. I need to make sure I do not confuse my customers with marketing jargon. Read my marketing content out loud. If I wouldn’t say it that way, then change it.
In addition to the great content and presentations, the networking was fantastic. I have been focusing on a large, high profile company to gain new customers and I met someone who is going to introduce me to the owner. I met other contacts that are intrigued by my business model and want to refer me to their contacts or use my service. I now have a new network of people who are willing to help each other succeed.
About Carol S. Scott, President & CEO of Skyway Air Taxi
Skyway Air Taxi (www.skywayairtaxi.com) offers affordable private air travel and the freedom to fly direct on your schedule with no lines and no fuss. Carol S. Scott is a proven leader with experience in strategic planning, marketing, sales, business development, partnership creation, and the design of “early adopter” strategies for new markets. Ms. Scott brings over 16 years of business experience to Skyway along with a track record for innovation and driving the application of technology to new and emerging markets.
Prior to founding Skyway Air Taxi, Carol held leadership roles in forward-thinking technology companies such as Microsoft and American Management Systems. She is an accomplished speaker and loves to fly at night in the Cirrus. She can be reached at email@example.comGoogle+