If you didn’t make it to last year’s GrowSmartBiz Conference, you absolutely must make it a priority to go to this year’s conference, which will be co-hosted by the Washington Business Journal and Network Solutions on November 5. The conference was expanded to include a trade show, and it will take place once again at the Renaissance Hotel in Washington, DC.
Based on my experience at last year’s conference, here are 10 reasons to attend this year’s conference:
10. Great networking opportunities. Last year, I got to meet a lot of interesting people (here’s one), as this event attracts hundreds of executives from various industries throughout the region.
9. You will learn a lot from small business owners. All of the small business owners and executives who spoke last year shared their knowledge and experience on issues that affect us as we try to grow our businesses. And some of them are very funny (especially Ramon Ray of SmallBizTechnology, who said he thought Shashi was Network Solutions for the longest time).
8. Meet the vendors you’ve been meaning to contact. The trade show aspect is a really great opportunity to meet product and service providers who can help you grow your small business.
7. Pick a conference track. Last year, all attendees heard great presentations on a handful of topics, but with only an hour for each session, the surface was barely scratched. This year, you get to immerse yourself in one of four topics to gain a much deeper understanding of that area. Choose from Marketing & Innovation; Government, Small Business Finance, and Non-Profit; Technology as a Tool for Your Business, or Entrepreneur Bootcamp.
6. Breakfast and lunch. The food was really good last year.
5. Meet the NetSol bloggers! All of us bloggers (yes, including Shashi) will be at the event. Because I work remotely, I loved meeting everyone last year, including some of NetSol’s marketing people.
4. It’s not expensive. The cost to attend is only $79 per person this year, way down from last year’s rate.
3. You get out of the office for the day! Last year’s conference was on a Tuesday, and because of the simple fact that this year’s conference takes place on a Friday, it’ll be more fun.
2. This year’s event is bigger. More vendors, more speakers, and more topics.
And the number one reason to attend this year:
1. You will leave inspired. Sounds a little too Oprah Winfrey, I know, but when I left last year, I had learned a lot, and I was honestly excited not only about being a small business owner, but confident that I could grow my small business (and I have!).Google+