- Social Media Small Business Success Stories: Part 2
- Social Media Small Business Success Stories: Part 1
In the first part of Social Media Small Business Success Stories, I highlighted four companies that have shaken things up online to create results-driven social media marketing campaigns. This article introduces you to four more success stories, to give you ideas on how to make their strategies your own.
Success Story 5: You can probably imagine that a company called Social Media Explorer nails it on the social media marketing front. This company is a B2B agency that teaches – you guessed it – social media marketing techniques and provides information products. Here are the secrets to their success:
- Social Media Explorer uses Intent, a Twitter plugin, directly on their homepage to show users whether they are already following the company on Twitter. Are you making it easy enough for website visitors to follow you on Twitter or Like you on Facebook?
- The company features numerous guest authors on its blog, and it promotes them by prominently highlighting authors’ social profiles to encourage reader interaction. Do you give social love to guest authors to help them expand their influence and feel appreciated?
Success Story 6: Take a moment to visit JarvieDigital to enjoy gorgeous photos and learn a couple of social media tips. Scott Jarvie is a professional photographer and namesake of the photographic method, The Jarvie Window. Here are his social media strategies:
- Of course, Jarvie has exceptional photos on his site, but it’s his use of these photos that makes him a social media success. He uses different strategies to promote his services on Facebook and Google+ through photo sharing. Have you thought about the unique challenges different social networks present for your social media strategy, or are you trying to apply the same strategy to completely different communities?
- Jarvie shares resources on his website and social sites to demonstrate his expertise and to grow his fan base. Are you freely sharing resources to establish yourself as a thought leader and to encourage more follows and Likes?
Success Story 7: Point your browser to SEOMoz, a search engine optimization and social monitoring service provider. This company uses its technical expertise to help it stand out socially. Here is what they do:
- SEOMoz uses gaming mechanics to generate participation from their site members and writers. When these users post, comment, or Like content, they earn points to distinguish their expertise. How can you make engagement more fun and addictive on your own site?
- The company knows to use social proof to build trust and credibility. Their home page features the logos of companies that use SEOMoz so everyone can see they’re in good company. Do your clients showcase your success? Consider using well-known clients to establish trust with visitors by using social proof.
Success Story 8: EasyLunchboxes is another example of a solopreneur using social media to compete on a higher level. This blog by Kelly Lester helps parents find healthy solutions for packing lunches for kids to take to school. Take a cue from Lester by trying these tips:
- When users visit the Facebook page of EasyLunchboxes, they are greeted with a custom welcome tab explaining what the page is all about and why users should become fans. Don’t forget this valuable piece of Facebook real estate by seizing the opportunity to encourage visitors to take the next step and Like your page.
- Even though she is a busy mom and an actress, Lester has taken the time to deliver unique content through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and her blog. Her marketing plan includes strategies for each of these platforms, as well as integration across all her social media channels. Have you thought about your social media marketing plan in pieces and as a whole? Even though different strategies should be used for each platform, they should all integrate into a cohesive communications plan.
The companies highlighted in the previous two articles range in size from small to large and span across various industries. Use their stories to inspire you to create your own story of social media marketing success.
Do you have your own success story to share with our readers? Please leave a comment below.
Image courtesy of creative design agency ArraeGoogle+