If you’re looking for a more engaging way to reach audiences with online video, then Google+ Hangouts On Air is definitely worth checking out. Businesses can use Google’s latest rollout to do live video broadcasts, reaching unlimited viewers, easily – and for free.
Even if you haven’t heard of Google+ Hangouts On Air yet, this article will provide you with a crash course on the new tool so you can try it out for yourself.
What Is Google+ Hangouts On Air?
Google+ Hangouts On Air is a Google+ feature that lets you live broadcast to an unlimited audience. If you don’t know about Hangouts, it is a Google+ tool for face-to-face video conferencing. People are using Hangouts to connect with customers, conduct product demonstrations, hold virtual meetings, and just get together with friends.
When you use Hangouts On Air, the tool automatically becomes a draft recorded video in your YouTube account so you can edit, publish and share your Hangout with everyone. So, your previous Hangout sessions can become a library of useful video presentations, depending on how you use your Hangouts. With Hangouts On Air, you don’t have to lose the content that was created during a Hangout – so you can repurpose it and get more life out of it.
How Can Businesses Use Google+ Hangouts On Air?
Businesses are finding clever ways to leverage Hangouts On Air in their marketing strategies. Here are just a few:
- You can easily share your company videos on Google+ and YouTube because they will stream live as you are broadcasting.
- You can live-stream your Hangout on any website by pasting the YouTube video embed code into your blog or website for a wider reach.
- You can incorporate Google+ apps like Google Docs, SlideShare and Cacoo for a polished and collaborative video presentation – it’s like hosting your own webinar for free.
- You can invite others to leave questions or comments in your sidebar during a Hangout presentation for added communication with your audience.
- You can share different parts of your screen using Screen Share as you talk about a website, application, or anything else you are demonstrating to your audience.
How Do I Get Started With Google+ Hangouts On Air?
Use these five easy steps to start your first Hangout On Air:
1. Log into your Google+ account, and click on the Hangout button at the right.
2. Give your Hangout a name, and invite a circle of people to join you. You can invite people online as well as by phone.
3. Click on the Enable Hangouts On Air box, and you will see a pop-up notification to let you know the hangout session will be streamed on Google+ and YouTube.
4. You’ll need to agree to Google’s terms of service during the first Hangout only. Consider any legal implications if you are using this on behalf of your company.
5. Click the red Start Broadcast button, and then view the last message from Google reminding you that your video content will be public. Then, you’re on air!
Once your Hangout is over, it may take up to an hour before the video appears in your YouTube account. Once it’s ready, you can go into your YouTube Video Manager to edit the video as you’d like.
It may take a couple of sessions before you get the hang, so to speak, of Google+ Hangouts On Air. Just keep practicing and experimenting with ways to use this fun, interactive communications tool for your business.
Image courtesy of kurzweilai.netGoogle+