Diving into social media marketing is fun and scary at the same time. When you’ve been at it for a while and you’re not getting the results you want, it can be incredibly frustrating. Why so few likes, comments, retweets, shares? I totally hear you, believe me! Between trying to deal with Facebook’s EdgeRank and timing social media use so people will see your brilliant content, it is easy to give up.
Resist the urge – don’t give up! Here are 3 reasons why (statistics courtesy of HubSpot):
Your demographic is on social media
No matter who your customers are, they are using social media: 83% of 18- to 29- year-olds and 70% of 30-49 year olds are active on it. Even 51% of those 50 and older are active on social media. Whether your business is B2B or B2C, your customers will interact with you on social media if you share engaging, useful content.
Social media use is growing
Your customers are continually joining social media – and using it more and more. Consider these numbers:
- Every 60 seconds, 66,000 things are shared on Twitter, 695,000 things are shared on Facebook, and 7,000 things are shared on LinkedIn.
- Every day, 700,000 new Facebook accounts are created.
- Every week, 7 billion (billion!) things are shared on social media.
The more active you are, the better your chances for engagement.
Social media marketing works
Just because you’re not seeing immediate results on social media (new leads, new customers, higher sales numbers), don’t give up. Marketers are reporting 3 significant results:
- 91% see improved website traffic due to social media
- 79% are generating more quality leads than those who don’t use social media
- 50% have successfully connected with new customers on social networks
Making sure social media marketing works for you is pretty straightforward:
- Be real
- Be remarkable
- Show your appreciation
- Make your fans and followers feel special
How has social media helped your business grow?
Image courtesy of englishwithjo.comGoogle+