Getting StartedGetting Started With Domain Names
Getting Started With Domain Names
Welcome! This guide includes important information about the domain you registered with Network Solutions®®.
What you need to know:
How to Access your Domain Details
Within Account Manager, you are able to access and control the domain settings for each domain in the Domain Details section. Follow these steps to access the Domain Details for your domain:
· Log in to Account Manager
· Select the domain name you would like to manage in the "My Domain Names" section
· Click the Go button to go to the Details page for that domain name
How to Control Auto Renew
When Auto Renew is turned on, your domain name will be renewed approximately sixty (60) to ninety (90) days prior to its expiration date for the same term the domain name was last registered or renewed. You will be contacted by email when your credit card on file will be charged for the renewal. To ensure continuation of service please be certain you have a valid credit card and valid email address on file
Note: Only the Account Holder/Primary Contact and Account Administrative Contact of record on the account can activate the Auto Renew feature.
To Turn Auto Renew On:
1. Click on the Renewal Center tab in the top menu
2. Click the check box next to each service for which you want to activate Auto Renew OR
Click the check box next to the Service Name column heading to select all of your services at once
3. Click the Edit Auto Renew button
4. Select On for each service
5. Click Save
To Turn Auto Renew Off:
1. Call (866) 908-3450
The payment method on file will be charged approximately sixty (60) to ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date, as long as your payment method is valid.
How to Control Domain Protect
To turn the Domain Protect feature on and off (Note: Only the account/primary contact or account administrative contact can perform this action):
· Within the Domain Add-Ons section - you'll see Domain Protect and the status, On or Off
· To change the setting, click on Turn Off or Request Authorization Code.
· Select either Leave Domain Protect on or Leave Domain Protect off
· If you also need an authorization code, check the box next to Request Authorization Code
· Click Save