How do I Edit/Retrieve my FTP account Username and password?
Viewing FTP Login Information:
Every Network Solutions® Web Hosting Package comes with one FTP Account already established. You can use the Hosting Control Panel to manage your FTP Account(s).
To view or modify your FTP account information:
1. Go to www.networksolutions.com
2. Click the Manage Account tab at the top right corner of your screen.
3. Enter the User ID and password you created during your Web hosting purchase. If you've forgotten your log-in information, please visit: https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/forget-login.jsp.
4. Click on My Products & Services tab.
5. Click on the My Hosting Packages hyperlink. If you have more than one Web Hosting package, select the package you need to update.
6. Click on the Web Hosting Toolbox button
7. Click on the FTP Account Manager icon
8. You can View/Edit existing FTP accounts on this screen. To edit your existing FTP Username/Password select the radio button next to the FTP account and click on the Edit hyperlink.
Note: Once your FTP password has been set you will be unable to view your password, please commit your password to memory.
9. Enter the new FTP Username/Password and then type a directory name in the Directory textbox if you would like to restrict account access to a specific directory, then click on the Save button
The root directory for the website is /HTDOCS, this is the default directory where your website must be uploaded. (On Windows 2008 servers the root folder will be labled "www" and not "htdocs". If you purchased a Windows hosting package after 9/6/2012 you are on a Windows 2008 server.)
NOTE: FTP username must contain between 8 to 20 characters, consist of alphanumerical characters and/or underscores and/or percentage)
FTP Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters, with at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number).
Windows Platform Accounts Only:
You can click on the Permissions tab and select the permissions you would like to have associated with the FTP account.
There is up to a ten minute processing delay before your new account is activated.
If you need more information about certain FTP programs and how to install them, please visit our FTP Applications video demonstrations.