How To Change WordPress® URL
To update your WordPress® URL please click the following link.
Once you have changed your WordPress® URL you will need to ensure your domain name is pointing to the correct directory. Below are instructions on how to edit your directory pointer.
Disclaimer: Changing the site URL will not change the URL in legacy post on your WordPress® blog. There are several plugins available for updating legacy post URLs in order resolve these issues. Please refer to WordPress.org for more information about those plugins.
Follow the below steps to update the domain pointer.
How to Edit/Redirect Pointer:
1. Log in to Account Manager:
a. Open a Web browser (e.g., Netscape®, Microsoft® Internet Explorer, etc.)
b. Type http://www.networksolutions.com in the address line then press the enter key.
c. Click on Manage Account in the upper right corner, then Log in with your User ID and password.
2. Click My Hosting Packages
Note: If you have one hosting package, go directly to Step 4. If you have more than one hosting package, click on the Hosting package for which you
want to un-assign a domain name.
3. Click on the Assign/Edit Your Domain icon
4. Find the domain name you wish to change the directory for the right of the domain click Edit.
5. Use the drop down to the right of the domain to point to your WordPress® directory or Add directory not listed and click Select.
6. If adding a new directory, select Add Directory not listed and click Select.
7. Type the name of the new directory after htdocs / click Select.
Note: (On Windows 2008 servers the root folder will be labeled "www" and not "htdocs". If you purchased a Windows hosting package after 9/6/2012 you are on a Windows 2008 server.)
8. Next, review and confirm your settings and click Continue.
9. You will get a confirmation page, verifying that your domain name has been redirected.
Note: If any of you subpages fail to load you may need to manually update the WordPress® .htaccess file and remove references to the folder name you removed from the site URL.