Mailbox Setup / ConfigurationHow to reset your Email Box Password
Recommended Password Guidelines
It is extremely important to make sure you password is secure to ensure the protection of your mailbox and online identity. Email addresses are often used to verify identify or authenticate you are who you say you are, so an insecure password could be just as dangerous as posting your social security number online.
- Your password should be 8 to 16 characters (required)
- It is required that you include at least 1 upper case and 1 lower case letter
- It is required that you use at least 1 number
- It is required that you use at least 1 special character (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
- It is recommended that you use no words from the dictionary or any part of the email address or domain name
- Examples of bad passwords:
- Yourdomain name or name
- aardvark, honey, badger, lightswitch or any single dictionary word
- Examples of good passwords:
How to Reset your Email Box Password within Network Solutions Account Manager
As an athorized contact on the account, it's important to keep the passwords for mailboxes secure. Occassionaly a user will need to reset the password. Below are the steps for an athorized contact to reset the Email box passwords from within account manager:
- Log into Network Solutions Account Manager by click "Manage Account"
- Enter your Network Solutions Account Manager username and password. (Note: This is for your network solutions account manager, not your mailbox)
- Under the "My Email" section select "Edit Name/Password" (Note: If you don't see the screen below, you may need to hit "Manage Account" again)
- Find the mailbox for which you are resetting the password and select "Edit"
- Enter the desired password in the "Password" and "Confirm Password" field and select "Save Changes"
***Note: You will always see just 4 dots in the password section for security purposes. This does not mean your password is only 4 characters.