More about POP and IMAPPOP/IMAP Settings
Below are the most common settings needed to set up most POP3/IMAP Email Clients or Devices:
When setting up:
- POP - choose POP and the incoming server port will default to 110
- IMAP - choose IMAP and the incoming server port will default to 143
- All other settings are the same.
Note - Substitute your actual domain name for "yourdomain.com" and substitute the first part of your email address for "user."
- Username = email@example.com
- Password = the password you set up when you configured your mail box
- Incoming Mail Server = mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server = smtp.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Server Requires Authentication (typically found in advanced options or settings)
- Do NOT check "Log on Using Secure Password Authentication"
- Use the same Username and Password as Incoming or select "Use Same Settings as Incoming"
- Outgoing Server Port = 2525 or 587
- This is subject to change based on the individual preferences of your ISP
Note - Make sure you are not chosing and SSL type, this option should be turned off, or "None" should be selected.
For newly registered domain names, it may take up to 48 hours for your settings to activate. if you have just configured the mailbox, it may take up to 4 hours for the mailbox to be fully functional.
Guides & Walkthroughs for how to set up your E-mail Software or device:
To view video instructions, please visit the following link:
To view text-based instructions, please visit the following link:
To view instructions for iPhone™ or iPad™, please visit the following link:
To view instructions on how to enable SMTP Authentication, please visit the following link:
For all other mobile device or software setup not included in the links above, please contact the manufacturer for assistance.
For more information on Network Solutions email products go here
Let Us Make it Easy for You. Talk to a MyTime Support™ Expert Today. Learn More