This past Saturday on a beautiful sunny day in Northern Virginia, about 70 people passionate about building great products came out for the first ProductCampDC. Hosted by Network Solutions in Herndon, VA the space was great for three parallel tracks of topics that ranged from mobile product innovation, three types of product managers, adventures in P&L and managing engineers.
Great Presentations All Around
- “What Customers Want – Using the Outcome Driven Innovation Approach” by Rick Norman, director of Programs for Innovation at STRATEGYN
- Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing spoke on “Three roles of Product Management.”
- Rick Wilhelm of Network Solutions spoke on the topic of “Engineering and Product Management – Friend or Foe?”
- “How Can We Get Product Marketing to Expand Beyond the Presentation and Brochure Department?” by John Mansour of ZigZag Marketing
- Navin Ganeshan, senior director of Network Solutions, led a session this afternoon called “Adventures in P&L.”
- Steven Fisher on “Building Great User Experiences Into Your Products.” (MINE – Thanks Shashi!)
- “Designing Products for the Cloud” by Steve Kiefer of GXS
Best of Show and Most Educational Awards
I feel a bit weird writing about who won one the awards since it was me but it was a great content filled day and it was some stiff competition. I got most educational and I feel honored to be recognized and I got a cool iPod Nano that I will be using at the gym this week. Steve Johnson of Pragmatic Marketing won Best of Show for his “Three Roles of Product Management”. I hope to get a slideshare of that presentation and many others from the day. As soon as I do I will share it with you on this post. In the mean time, here is my presentation from that day.
Photo Credit: Shashi Bellamkonda
More info on Shashi’s WBJ article: Product Camp DC: An ‘unconference’ to hone skills – Washington Business JournalGoogle+