- Your workforce needs a safe and professional way to communicate with customers and vendors.
- A professional email account gives your company added credibility and data security.
- Learn how to set up an email account with your domain name to enhance your online presence.
You always want your team to have access to the best digital resources. With all of your demands – making sure your remote workforce is well equipped, protecting your operating systems and servers from malware and keeping your websites up and running – it’s easy to lose sight of some of the resources you can take advantage of. The website or hosting package you just purchased for your company probably includes access to a professional email account.
What are the benefits of a professional email address and how can you set up an email address with your domain name? Let’s take a closer look at what business email services include and how this can help your company’s employees communicate safely and effectively.
The Benefits of Professional Email
As an IT professional, you probably come across many websites outside of your organization. When you visit www.anycompany.com and click on the contact page for follow-up information, how unsettling is it to find email addresses like [email protected] or [email protected]? When employees are using something like a Gmail account within a business context, it probably doesn’t leave you with a favorable impression.
A professional email address gives your company added credibility and empowers your team to correspond with clients and vendors in a way that reflects well on your company. Having all your employee email addresses under one domain also makes it easier for you to track and manage these accounts on your company email server and protect them with security safeguards such as malware monitoring and prevention control.
When you register a domain name for your business, make sure you purchase it from a custom domain registrar that offers email forwarding. This allows your employees to keep their old email box intact but change their email address to reflect your business domain. You should also be able to also create new email addresses within the control panel (CPanel) given to you by your hosting provider and they should provide you with free custom email addresses for your account through your hosting plan.
Setting Up Email Accounts that Use Your Domain Name
Here are a few easy steps to set up an email account with your business domain. Most hosting providers or email hosts will feature setup protocols similar to the following:
- Log into your blog hosting panel (CPanel).
- Click on Email Accounts in the Email section.
- Enter the details for your new email address and select Create Account.
- You should see some form of notification indicating you have successfully created a new email account and this account will be shown on the same page.
Linking a Professional Email Address to a Personal Email Interface
An employee may want to integrate a professional email account with their personal Gmail interface. This way, they can easily send and receive email through their Gmail account, but customers and vendors will see the emails as coming from your business domain email address. This scenario is perfect for your remote employees working on tablets and smartphones.
To integrate a business email account with a Gmail account, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Sign into your Gmail account.
- Go to Options, then to Mail Settings, then select Accounts and Import.
- Check Send Mail As and click on Add Another Email Address You Own.
- In the popup screen that appears, enter your details, add your business email address, then select Next.
- Click on Send Verification and a verification email will arrive in your inbox. Click on the link to verify it and complete the process.
Let Networks Solutions Set You Up with a Professional Email Address
A professional email account for your company will help to keep your employee communications safe and secure and protect your business and customers from cyberattacks and data breaches. Network Solutions can help to make your job easier by providing you with everything necessary to create a professional email account, from domain name registration to easy-to-use website builders to reliable web hosting, business email setup and security software. We have the experience and online resources to help make you more productive and efficient. Let us know how we can help.
Add More Credibility, Organization and Security to Your Business With a Professional Email Account
With a remote workforce and ever-growing demands on your time and attention, a professional email account is an easy and efficient way to help you employees communicate in a safe and professional manner. Let’s work together to give you and your team the business email tools and resources you need to succeed.
Products Mentioned in This Article Include: